Zoo Zurich was founded in 1929 as a cooperative. In 1999 it was transformed into Zoo Zürich AG. 75 percent of the shares are held by private shareholders, the Tiergarten-Gesellschaft Zürich TGZ and the Zoo Foundation. 25 percent of the shares are held by the city and canton of Zurich (12.5 percent each).
- Martin Naville, President
- Nadine Balkanyi-Nordmann
- Martin Farner
- Raphael Golta
- Dr. Thomas Heiniger
- Prof. Dr. Barbara König
- Daniel Schmucki
- Beat Sigg
- Monika Walser
- Dr. Severin Dressen, Director
- Andreas Hohl, Vice-Director, Development & Logistics
- Jochen Lengger, Species Conservation & Animals
- Markus Rege, Marketing & Education
- Kurt Plattner, Finance & Controlling
- Elena Girbau, Human Resources Management
Extended management board:
- Dr. Martin Bauert, Nature Conservation
- Dominik Ryser, Communication
Extended management board of Zoo Zurich: (from left) Elena Müller-Girbau, Andreas Hohl, Dominik Ryser, Dr. Severin Dressen, Dr. Martin Bauert, Jochen Lengger, Markus Rege, Kurt Plattner.
Zoo Restaurants GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Zoo Zürich AG, manages the restaurants Altes Klösterli, Masoala and Pantanal, the Zoocafé, various catering stands and the Zooshop and the Masoala Shop. The profits from the zoo restaurants and zoo shops go directly to Zoo Zurich in support of its ideal objectives. Two percent of the overall turnover from the zoo restaurants and zoo shops goes towards the nature conservation projects of Zoo Zurich.