We highly recommend using public transport to get to Zoo Zurich.
SBB RailAway combination tickets offer discounts on train, tram and entrance fee to the zoo. The offers are available at all serviced train stations and at most ticket machines in Switzerland. More information and tickets: Tel. 0900 300 300 (rail service, CHF 1.19/min.).
You can reach Zoo Zurich easily and conveniently by tram and bus from the city centre and from Stettbach train station.
- from Bahnhofstrasse/Zurich main station: tram 6 to final stop «Zoo»
- from Bellevue (Stadelhofen train station): tram 5 to «Kirche Fluntern», then change to tram 6 to final stop «Zoo»
- from Stettbach train station: bus 751 to «Zoo/Forrenweid»
- from Zurich, Letzistrasse: bus 39 to «Zoo» or «Im Klösterli»
- from Zurich, Römerhof: «Dolderbahn» (cogwheel train) to final stop, 20 minutes walk to the zoo
Tram and bus connections to Zoo Zurich.
Combine your visit to the zoo with a leisurely hike on one of the new family hiking trails from Burgwies, Milchbuck, Rigiblick, Schwamendingen or Stettbach directly to Zoo Zurich. To get you in the zoo mood, hiking mascot «Hiky» entertains you with various tasks to do with zoological themes on the way.
We highly recommend using public transport to get to Zoo Zurich. Metered parking lots are availabe but limited in number. They belongt to the City of Zurich. If all parking lots are occupied, visitors are redirected to use external parking lots.
Overview of parking lots available at Zoo Zurich.
A shuttle bus regularly travels between the Eisbahn Dolder parking lot and the main entrance of the zoo.
Monday to Saturday: CHF 0.50 per hour, max. parking duration 6 hours.
Sundays and public holidays (max. parking duration 8 hours):
- ½ hour: CHF 0.50
- 1 hour: CHF 2.–
- 2 hours: CHF 5.–
- 3 hours: CHF 7.50
- 4 hours: CHF 9.–
- 5 hours: CHF 10.50
- 6 hours: CHF 12.–
- 7 hours: CHF 13.50
- 8 hours: CHF 15.–