All visitors to Zoo Zurich must follow the rules listed here on this page. People who do not comply with these rules may be asked to leave the zoo. The instructions of staff must be followed at all times.
We thank you for your understanding and wish you an enjoyable stay at Zoo Zurich.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of twelve must be accompanied by an adult at all times during their visit to Zoo Zurich. Parents are liable for their children.
- Keep your admission ticket with you until you conclude your visit to Zoo Zurich. You may occasionally be requested to show it to a member of staff.
- Please adhere to the opening hours of Zoo Zurich. Outside of the opening hours, visitors are not allowed inside Zoo Zurich, except during guided tours and closed events.
- The use of the playgrounds is at your own risk. Children must be supervised.
- All animals at Zoo Zurich receive carefully composed nutrition that suits their requirements and behavior. In order to avoid endangering the health of the animals and encouraging them to beg for food, feeding is strictly forbidden in all areas of Zoo Zurich. Exceptions are the Lori aviary, where approved feed is sold, and the giraffe and porcupine feeds in the Lewa Savannah, accompanied by animal keepers.
- Climbing over barriers or reaching into enclosures is strictly prohibited.
- Animals also need rest. Never try to attract the attention of any animals (e.g. by knocking on glass, etc.). Making music or loud noise or playing any audio equipment is not allowed at Zoo Zurich.
- No dogs or other animals are allowed into Zoo Zurich. Exception: guide dogs for blind people and assistance dogs for people with motor disabilities are allowed in Zoo Zurich. The Saimiri Island in the Pantanal and the walk-in outdoor Australia facilities, however, are excluded from admission. No dogs whatsoever may enter there.
- Photography and filming at Zoo Zurich is allowed for personal use only. A permit must be obtained for commercial recordings. Please note that flash photography is prohibited in some houses.
- Please help us keep Zoo Zurich clean. Use the bins provided.
- Smoking is permitted outdoors or in designated «smoking zones». Out of consideration for our animals and our Zoo visitors, smoking is prohibited in all buildings and animal houses and at the entrances to Zoo Zurich, the animal houses and the zoo restaurants as well as in walk-in animal enclosures (such as Australia, Monkey Island, Ibis Aviary outdoor areas). This also applies to e-cigarettes.
- Please do not disturb the other guests. Visitors who are rioting or under the influence of alcohol or drugs are expelled from the zoo.
- Bicycles including children’s bicycles, kick scooters, skateboards, roller skates, in-line skates, etc., are not permitted at Zoo Zurich. There is an unguarded storage facility next to the main entrance. If you wish to store them in a closed room, we charge a fee of CHF 5.– per vehicle.
- Balloons, balls, frisbees, etc., are also prohibited at Zoo Zurich.