Hardly anyone can escape the incomparable charm of the meerkats. It is all the more exciting to experience the animals up close! At least once a day you can go inside with an animal keeper and watch the meerkats being fed. With a little patience, the animals usually become trusting very quickly. A unique experience!
- You cannot feed the animals yourself. It can also happen that the meerkats are not interested in feeding due to weather conditions or offspring constellations. However, this rarely happens and usually the animals are just as curious as they are hungry.
- Please be there at least 5 minutes before the start of the event, as the experience always starts on time.
- We recommend that you wear closed shoes (i.e. no sandals or fliplops) during the meerkat experience.
- The ticket cannot be exchanged. If you are unable to attend on your booked date, you will not be entitled to a refund or reschedule.
- All proceeds from the Meerkat Experience will be donated in full to our Lewa conservation project in Kenya.
Cost: CHF 15 per person, donation nature conservation project Lewa.
Tickets: can be reserved online from 19:00 on the day before the respective meerkat experience or purchased the same day on site from 09:00 at the visitor center near the main entrance. In both cases, payment will be made at the visitor center. In case of an online reservation, we kindly ask you to pick up your tickets at the visitor center at least 1 hour before the start of the meerkat experience. Otherwise the reservation will be forfeited.
Your online reservation is binding. There are only 10 seats available. If you are unable to attend at short notice, please release your seats so that other visitors can attend. Please send a message to email@example.com or call 044 254 25 43.
Thank you very much.
When: daily from March to September (see dates below for exact time, from October to February winter break)
Where: adventure part of the meerkat outdoor enclosure at Lewa Savannah
Age limit: 8 years and older, children under 8 years are not admitted
Capacity: 10 persons per day
Realization: The realization depends on the weather. Starting at 9:00 a.m. of the respective day, you can check the event calendar to see if the meerkat experience will take place.